Prosciutto Pasta Toss Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced prosciutto or deli ham, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions, adding peas during the last 3 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the garlic, Italian seasoning and pepper in oil for 1 minute or until garlic is tender. Stir in prosciutto.
- Drain linguine; add to skillet and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Reserva Italy 2009. Initial tastes of fruits and spice move to herbal notes for a long smooth finish. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Prosciutto Pasta Toss
Sort By :
My hubby loves loves loves this!!!!!!!!
We substituted Italian sausage for the ham and corn for the peas. We also added onion and green pepper to the mix. If we have frozen shrimp or scallops on hand, we use those as well. We have used different kinds of pasta to go with it and it always turns out great!
I love this recipe & have made it numerous times. When I make it, I usually substitute asparagus for the peas. Yum!