Prosciutto Pasta Toss
“I love quick, simple pasta dishes, and this is one of my favorites,” writes Laura Murphy-Ogden from Charlotte, North Carolina. “I prepare a tossed green salad while the pasta cooks and serve up a lovely light supper in minutes!”
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced prosciutto or deli ham, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions, adding peas during the
- last 3 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the garlic,
- Italian seasoning and pepper in oil for 1 minute or until garlic is
- tender. Stir in prosciutto.
- Drain linguine; add to skillet and toss to coat. Sprinkle with
- cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1-1/3 cups) equals 461 calories, 16 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 802 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.