- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced prosciutto or deli ham, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions, adding peas during the last 3 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the garlic, Italian seasoning and pepper in oil for 1 minute or until garlic is tender. Stir in prosciutto.
- Drain linguine; add to skillet and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Prosciutto Pasta Toss
Sort By :
"I had to improvise by using rice fettuccini pasta (I'm allergic to wheat), and I didn't have any peas, but we gobbled this up! It was very yummy and very satisfying. Great recipe and EASY!"
"My hubby loves loves loves this!!!!!!!!"
"We substituted Italian sausage for the ham and corn for the peas. We also added onion and green pepper to the mix. If we have frozen shrimp or scallops on hand, we use those as well. We have used different kinds of pasta to go with it and it always turns out great!"
"I love this recipe & have made it numerous times. When I make it, I usually substitute asparagus for the peas. Yum!"
"Used deli ham and added 4 cups shredded cabbage (cooked with the ham and spices). If I was to make again, which I probably won't, I would use 16 ounces of peas PLUS the 4 cups shredded cabbage. Definitely not enough veggies in this dish.Also, not sure where all the oil was used, but I only used about 2 Tbsp in the whole recipe."