“I love quick, simple pasta dishes, and this is one of my favorites,” writes Laura Murphy-Ogden from Charlotte, North Carolina. “I prepare a tossed green salad while the pasta cooks and serve up a lovely light supper in minutes!”
- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced prosciutto or deli ham, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions, adding peas during the last 3 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the garlic, Italian seasoning and pepper in oil for 1 minute or until garlic is tender. Stir in prosciutto.
- Drain linguine; add to skillet and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Prosciutto Pasta Toss in Simple & Delicious March/April 2007, p30
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Prosciutto Pasta Toss
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review