Prosciutto Parmesan Pinwheels
Puff pastry from the freezer section makes these tasty appetizers a snap to assemble. The golden-brown pinwheels get their fabulous flavor from prosciutto, Dijon mustard and Parmesan cheese.Virginia Galloway, Houston, Texas
20 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 6 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto or deli ham, chopped
- 1-1/4 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- Unfold puff pastry. Spread mustard over pastry to within 1/2 in. of
- edges. Sprinkle with prosciutto and cheese. Roll up each pastry
- sheet. Using a serrated knife, cut into 1 in. slices.
- Place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or
- until puffed and golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 20 appetizers.
Nutritional Facts: 1 appetizer equals 160 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 365 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.