Prosciutto Parmesan Pinwheels Recipe
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 6 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto or deli ham, chopped
- 1-1/4 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- Unfold puff pastry. Spread mustard over pastry to within 1/2 in. of edges. Sprinkle with prosciutto and cheese. Roll up each pastry sheet. Using a serrated knife, cut into 1 in. slices.
- Place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 20 appetizers.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Prosciutto Parmesan Pinwheels
Sort By :
I made this recipe exactly and it turned out dry and brittle. One bite and they exploded like fireworks! They also did not get golden and puffy but looked just like they did when I put them in the oven. If I try this again I'll try brushing the pastry with egg or butter. In addition, to cut down on the salt factor I will try a different type of cheese.
We found these too salty for our taste. Would not make again.
This was the 1st time I worked with Prosciutto and it was very expensive and I didn't like the saltiness. I thought the puff pastry was hard to slice and keep together. No one at our New Years Eve party cared for them. This was a costly experiment.