Puff pastry from the freezer section makes these tasty appetizers a snap to assemble. The golden-brown pinwheels get their fabulous flavor from prosciutto, Dijon mustard and Parmesan cheese.—Virginia Galloway, Houston, Texas
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto or deli ham, chopped
- 1-1/4 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- Unfold puff pastry. Spread mustard over pastry to within 1/2 in. of edges. Sprinkle with prosciutto and cheese. Roll up each pastry sheet. Using a serrated knife, gently cut into 1 in. slices.
Place 3-inches apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until puffed and light golden brown. Serve warm.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled appetizers in a resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, reheat appetizers on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet in a preheated 400° oven until crisp and heated through. Yield: 20 appetizers.
Originally published as Prosciutto Parmesan Pinwheels in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2009
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Prosciutto Parmesan Pinwheels
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review