Prosciutto Egg Panini Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 6 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 8 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 teaspoons butter
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, egg whites, milk and onion. Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add egg mixture; cook and stir over medium heat until completely set.
- 2. Combine mustard and syrup; spread over four bread slices. Layer with scrambled eggs, prosciutto and cheese; top with remaining bread. Butter outsides of sandwiches.
- 3. Cook on a panini maker or indoor grill for 3-4 minutes or until bread is browned and cheese is melted. Cut each panini in half to serve. Yield: 8 servings.
1/2 panini equals 228 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 640 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1 lean meat.