Prosciutto Egg Panini
With mustard, maple syrup and prosciutto, this is a yummy twist on the usual bacon-and-egg sandwich. Your family will agree that this is one breakfast worth waking up for!Erin Renouf Mylroie, Santa Clara, Utah
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 6 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 8 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 teaspoons butter
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, egg whites, milk and onion. Coat a
- large skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add egg
- mixture; cook and stir over medium heat until completely set.
- Combine mustard and syrup; spread over four bread slices. Layer with
- scrambled eggs, prosciutto and cheese; top with remaining bread.
- Butter outsides of sandwiches.
- Cook on a panini maker or indoor grill for 3-4 minutes or until bread
- is browned and cheese is melted. Cut each panini in half to serve.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 panini equals 228 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 640 mg sodium,