With mustard, maple syrup and prosciutto, this is a yummy twist on the usual bacon-and-egg sandwich. Your family will agree that this is one breakfast worth waking up for!—Erin Renouf Mylroie, Santa Clara, Utah
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 6 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 8 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 teaspoons butter
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, egg whites, milk and onion. Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add egg mixture; cook and stir over medium heat until completely set.
- Combine mustard and syrup; spread over four bread slices. Layer with scrambled eggs, prosciutto and cheese; top with remaining bread. Butter outsides of sandwiches.
- Cook on a panini maker or indoor grill for 3-4 minutes or until bread is browned and cheese is melted. Cut each panini in half to serve. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Prosciutto Egg Panini in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2009, p29
Reviews for Prosciutto Egg Panini
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review