Prosciutto Chicken Kabobs Recipe
Everyone will think you spent hours preparing these clever grilled wraps, served with a guacamole-like dip. Basil gives the chicken a lovely fresh herb flavor. —Elaine Sweet, Dallas, Texas
- 3/4 cup five-cheese Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons marinade for chicken
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3-inch x 1/2-inch strips
- 12 thin slices prosciutto
- 24 fresh basil leaves
- AVOCADO DIP:
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the salad dressing, lime juice and marinade for chicken; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Fold prosciutto slices in half; top each with two basil leaves and a chicken strip. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Thread onto metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- 3. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5 minutes on each side or until chicken is no longer pink.
- 4. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mash the avocados. Stir in the cilantro, onions, lime juice, mayonnaise, horseradish, garlic and salt. Serve with kabobs. Yield: 12 appetizers.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC