Prosciutto Chicken in Wine Sauce Recipe
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage or 1 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chicken on all sides in oil and butter.
- 2. Add the remaining ingredients, stirring to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Remove chicken and keep warm. Bring sauce to a boil; cook for 10-12 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 3/4 cup. Serve with chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
3 ounces cooked chicken with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 231 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 456 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fat.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.