- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage or 1 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chicken on all sides in oil and butter.
- Add the remaining ingredients, stirring to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Remove chicken and keep warm. Bring sauce to a boil; cook for 10-12 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 3/4 cup. Serve with chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Prosciutto Chicken in Wine Sauce
Sort By :
This quickly became a favorite in our house. We love prosciutto and wine sauces, so we always have the ingredients on hand - very easy and delicious!
It was good -- very moist and smelled great. I don't think it was anything "special." I did not use sage as I did not have it so I used Rosemary. I bought thinly sliced honey ham. It was easy to prepare and can easily be made with ingredients on hand.
More Recipe Collections
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >