Sandra Putnam of Gallatin Gateway, Montana tailored her mother's recipe to crock-pot convenience with this hearty entree for busy weekday nights.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 package (3 ounces) thinly sliced prosciutto or deli ham, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Hot cooked linguine
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut chicken into serving-size pieces. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil in batches. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker.
- Stir in the broth, tomatoes, mushrooms, onion, prosciutto, pimientos, garlic and Italian seasoning. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 4-1/2 hours or until chicken juices run clear. Serve with a slotted spoon over linguine; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Prosciutto Chicken Cacciatore in Quick Cooking January/February 2006, p55
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Prosciutto Chicken Cacciatore
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review