I think these make a great duet with eggs, and they’re a nice substitution for bacon and toast. —Maria Regakis, Somerville, Massachusetts
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated breadsticks
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°. Cut each slice of prosciutto into four thin
- strips. Unroll dough; separate into breadsticks. Top each with two
- strips prosciutto, pressing gently to adhere. Twist each breadstick;
- place on ungreased baking sheet, pressing ends down firmly. Brush
- with beaten egg.
- Combine fennel and pepper; sprinkle over breadsticks. Bake 10-13
- minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 breadstick equals 86 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 323 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.