I think these make a great duet with eggs, and they’re a nice substitution for bacon and toast. —Maria Regakis, Somerville, Massachusetts
- 6 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated breadsticks
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°. Cut each slice of prosciutto into four thin strips. Unroll dough; separate into breadsticks. Top each with two strips prosciutto, pressing gently to adhere. Twist each breadstick; place on ungreased baking sheet, pressing ends down firmly. Brush with beaten egg.
- Combine fennel and pepper; sprinkle over breadsticks. Bake 10-13 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Prosciutto Breadsticks in Healthy Cooking October/November 2012, p20
Reviews for Prosciutto Breadsticks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review