- 2-1/3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto or deli ham, cut into strips
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a bowl, combine biscuit mix, milk, melted butter and chives; mix just until moistened.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 8-10 times. Pat or roll to 3/4-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 2 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and salt. Place a large skillet over medium heat. Add prosciutto and green onions; cook until prosciutto begins to brown, stirring occasionally. Stir in butter until melted. Add egg mixture; cook and stir until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains. Stir in cheese; remove from heat.
- Split warm biscuits in half. Fill with egg mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Prosciutto & Cheddar Breakfast Biscuits in Taste of Home April/May 2014
Reviews for Prosciutto & Cheddar Breakfast Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 20, 2014
Very easy and a nice change from the typical egg mcmuffin.
Reviewed Apr. 8, 2014
I loved how simple these were to prepare!