Prosciutto & Cheddar Breakfast Biscuits Recipe
When my family visits, I love to make my nephew Robbie happy by making any breakfast with pork and cheese. I created this as a twist on the traditional breakfast sandwich. —Kelly Boe, Whiteland, Indiana
- 2-1/3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto or deli ham, cut into strips
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. In a bowl, combine biscuit mix, milk, melted butter and chives; mix just until moistened.
- 2. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 8-10 times. Pat or roll to 3/4-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 2 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and salt. Place a large skillet over medium heat. Add prosciutto and green onions; cook until prosciutto begins to brown, stirring occasionally. Stir in butter until melted. Add egg mixture; cook and stir until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains. Stir in cheese; remove from heat.
- 4. Split warm biscuits in half. Fill with egg mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
1 sandwich equals 397 calories, 24 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 252 mg cholesterol, 1,062 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 15 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC