When my family visits, I love to make my nephew Robbie happy by making any breakfast with pork and cheese. I created this as a twist on the traditional breakfast sandwich. —Kelly Boe, Whiteland, Indiana
Featured In: 26 Favorite Easter Brunch Ideas
- 2-1/3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto or deli ham, cut into strips
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a bowl, combine biscuit mix, milk, melted butter and chives; mix just until moistened.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 8-10 times. Pat or roll to 3/4-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 2 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and salt. Place a large skillet over medium heat. Add prosciutto and green onions; cook until prosciutto begins to brown, stirring occasionally. Stir in butter until melted. Add egg mixture; cook and stir until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains. Stir in cheese; remove from heat.
- Split warm biscuits in half. Fill with egg mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Prosciutto & Cheddar Breakfast Biscuits in Taste of Home April/May 2014
Reviews for Prosciutto & Cheddar Breakfast Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 30, 2014
"My family LOVES these! They really impress and are so simple to make."
Reviewed Apr. 20, 2014
"Very easy and a nice change from the typical egg mcmuffin."
Reviewed Apr. 8, 2014
"I loved how simple these were to prepare!"