Pronto Vegetarian Peppers Recipe
- 2 large sweet red peppers
- 1 cup canned stewed tomatoes
- 1/3 cup instant brown rice
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 3/4 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise; remove seeds. Place peppers in an ungreased shallow microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- Combine the tomatoes, rice and water in a small microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 5-6 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in the beans, corn, onions and pepper flakes; spoon into peppers.
- Sprinkle with cheeses. Microwave, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Pronto Vegetarian Peppers
Sort By :
Good idea - hubby loves stuffed peppers...thanks Renee!
Made these the other night & loved them. Work great as leftovers if you make extras. We had small peppers so we used 4 small peppers, a 14.5 oz can of stewed tomatoes & increased the rice to 1/2 cup. Also finished the peppers off in the oven. Excellent
I made them in the oven instead of the microwave and they were still delicious. I baked at 400 for 30 minutes. Fantastic recipe!!
Looks fantastic! Anyone have any advice on how to make it in the oven instead of microwave?
I have made this many times. My husband insists on meat with his meals and so I slice a cooked chicken/apple sausage link into rounds and tuck them into the filled peppers. Totally delicious!