Pronto Vegetarian Peppers Recipe
- 2 large sweet red peppers
- 1 cup canned stewed tomatoes
- 1/3 cup Minute® Brown Rice
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 3/4 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise; remove seeds. Place peppers in an ungreased shallow microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- Combine the tomatoes, rice and water in a small microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 5-6 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in the beans, corn, onions and pepper flakes; spoon into peppers.
- Sprinkle with cheeses. Microwave, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Pronto Vegetarian Peppers
Sort By :
"Good idea - hubby loves stuffed peppers...thanks Renee!"
"Made these the other night & loved them. Work great as leftovers if you make extras. We had small peppers so we used 4 small peppers, a 14.5 oz can of stewed tomatoes & increased the rice to 1/2 cup. Also finished the peppers off in the oven. Excellent"
"I made them in the oven instead of the microwave and they were still delicious. I baked at 400 for 30 minutes. Fantastic recipe!!"
"Looks fantastic! Anyone have any advice on how to make it in the oven instead of microwave?"
"I have made this many times. My husband insists on meat with his meals and so I slice a cooked chicken/apple sausage link into rounds and tuck them into the filled peppers. Totally delicious!"