When out-of-state friends dropped by, I invited them to stay for dinner, knowing that I could put together this mild, chili-flavored soup in a jiffy. I served it with cornmeal muffins and a crisp salad for a filling meal everyone loved. My guests even asked for the recipe before leaving! -Priscilla Gilbert, Indian Harbour Beach, Florida
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups picante sauce
- 1 cup uncooked spiral or small shell pasta
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Shredded cheddar cheese and tortilla chips
- In a large saucepan, cook the beef, onion and garlic until meat is not longer pink; drain. Add the broth, tomatoes, picante sauce, pasta, green pepper, chili powder and parsley. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until pasta is tender. Garnish with cheese and tortilla chips. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Pronto Taco Soup in Quick Cooking January/February 1999, p27
Reviews for Pronto Taco Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review