- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups picante sauce
- 1 cup uncooked spiral or small shell pasta
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Shredded cheddar cheese and tortilla chips
- In a large saucepan, cook the beef, onion and garlic until meat is not longer pink; drain. Add the broth, tomatoes, picante sauce, pasta, green pepper, chili powder and parsley. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until pasta is tender. Garnish with cheese and tortilla chips. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Pronto Taco Soup
"My husband and son love this soup. It's great because you can make it as spicy as you like. To add some nutrition to my son's diet, I also throw in a can of beans. He doesn't even realize they're in there."
"Very good soup. Add some Tabasco and sour cream to really top it off."