Pronto Potato Soup Recipe
- 8 bacon strips, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 to 2-2/3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1. In small skillet, brown bacon until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain. Add onion to drippings and saute 2-3 minutes; drain.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine cold mashed potatoes and soup until blended. Add milk gradually until mixture reaches desired consistency, stirring constantly. Add reserved bacon and onions. Stir in the parsley, salt and pepper; heat through. Yield: 3-4 servings.
1 cup: 297 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 1361mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein .
Reviews for Pronto Potato Soup
"Very easy to make! I doubled the recipe, used garlic-cheese instant potatoes, & used one can of cream of chicken & one cream of celery. No leftovers!!! It's a keeper! :)"