Pronto Potato Pancakes Recipe
- 2 large eggs
- 1 small onion, halved
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 to 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 to 6 tablespoons canola oil
- Applesauce, optional
- 1. Place eggs and onion in a blender; cover and process until blended. Add potatoes; cover and process until finely chopped. Transfer to a small bowl. Stir in the flour, salt and cayenne.
- 2. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls into oil. Fry in batches until golden brown on both sides, using remaining oil as needed. Drain on paper towels. Serve with applesauce if desired. Yield: 8 pancakes.
2 potato pancakes (calculated without applesauce) equals 262 calories, 16 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 337 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Pronto Potato Pancakes
"This recipe is so easy and good. Maybe could use a little more salt, but other than that it is perfect. I left out the cayenne and used a little black pepper instead. So much easier than shredding potatoes."
"Great recipe. I love cayenne pepper and even put a dash in my tea. I will use coconut oil instead of canola as well. And, I like using steamed potatoes that have been refrigerated overnight. Big difference in taste and texture with potatoes prepared this way. Potato pancakes are one of our favorites and they are great as a side or even alone for dinner. Thanks for this easy recipe. : )"
"These were good. I had never used cayenne pepper with them before. They are also delicious when using (plain) leftover mashed potatoes, skipping the salt,pepper and canola oil."