Pronto Potato Pancakes Recipe
Pancakes are not just for breakfast. These pancakes can be served as a side dish with any meat, or to eat alone. Try them with applesauce. You will be surprised at the wonderful taste. —Darlene Brenden, Salem, Oregon
- 2 eggs
- 1 small onion, halved
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 to 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 to 6 tablespoons canola oil
- Applesauce, optional
- 1. Place eggs and onion in a blender; cover and process until blended. Add potatoes; cover and process until finely chopped. Transfer to a small bowl. Stir in the flour, salt and cayenne.
- 2. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls into oil. Fry in batches until golden brown on both sides, using remaining oil as needed. Drain on paper towels. Serve with applesauce if desired. Yield: 8 pancakes.
2 potato pancakes (calculated without applesauce) equals 262 calories, 16 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 337 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC