Pronto Potato Pancakes
Pancakes are not just for breakfast. These pancakes can be served as a side dish with any meat, or to eat alone. Try them with applesauce. You will be surprised at the wonderful taste.Darlene Brenden, Salem, Oregon
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 eggs
- 1 small onion, halved
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 to 4 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 to 6 tablespoons canola oil
- Applesauce, optional
- Place eggs and onion in a blender; cover and process until blended.
- Add potatoes; cover and process until finely chopped. Transfer to a
- small bowl. Stir in the flour, salt and cayenne.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls into oil. Fry in batches until golden
- brown on both sides, using remaining oil as needed. Drain on paper
- towels. Serve with applesauce if desired. Yield: 8 pancakes.
Nutritional Facts: 2 potato pancakes (calculated without applesauce) equals 262 calories, 16 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 337 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.