Pancakes are not just for breakfast. These pancakes can be served as a side dish with any meat, or to eat alone. Try them with applesauce. You will be surprised at the wonderful taste. —Darlene Brenden, Salem, Oregon
- 2 large eggs
- 1 small onion, halved
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 to 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 to 6 tablespoons canola oil
- Applesauce, optional
- Place eggs and onion in a blender; cover and process until blended. Add potatoes; cover and process until finely chopped. Transfer to a small bowl. Stir in the flour, salt and cayenne.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls into oil. Fry in batches until golden brown on both sides, using remaining oil as needed. Drain on paper towels. Serve with applesauce if desired. Yield: 8 pancakes.
Originally published as Pronto Potato Pancakes in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p237
Reviews for Pronto Potato Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review