Pronto Pizza Burgers
Pronto Pizza Burgers from Karen Kruse of Gahanna, Ohio are zesty, satisfying sandwiches that have a true pizza taste. "This is my family's alltime favorite quick main dish," Karen assures.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 4 English muffins, split
- 8 tomato slices
- 8 mozzarella cheese slices
- Additional oregano, optional
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients; crumble beef over
- mixture and mix well. Toast the muffins in broiler until lightly
- Form meat mixture into four patties; place on top of muffins. Broil 4
- in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes or until meat is cooked.
- Top with tomato and cheese slices. Return to broiler until cheese is
- melted. If desired, sprinkle with oregano. Serve immediately. Yield:
- 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 508 calories, 24 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 105 mg cholesterol, 976 mg sodium,