Pronto Pizza Burgers Recipe
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 4 English muffins, split
- 8 tomato slices
- 8 mozzarella cheese slices
- Additional oregano, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients; crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Toast the muffins in broiler until lightly browned.
- 2. Form meat mixture into four patties; place on top of muffins. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes or until meat is cooked.
- 3. Top with tomato and cheese slices. Return to broiler until cheese is melted. If desired, sprinkle with oregano. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 508 calories, 24 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 105 mg cholesterol, 976 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 40 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.