Pronto Pizza Burgers from Karen Kruse of Gahanna, Ohio are zesty, satisfying sandwiches that have a true pizza taste. "This is my family's alltime favorite quick main dish," Karen assures.
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 4 English muffins, split
- 8 tomato slices
- 8 mozzarella cheese slices
- Additional oregano, optional
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients; crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Toast the muffins in broiler until lightly browned.
- Form meat mixture into four patties; place on top of muffins. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes or until meat is cooked.
- Top with tomato and cheese slices. Return to broiler until cheese is melted. If desired, sprinkle with oregano. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pronto Pizza Burgers in Taste of Home April/May 1994, p13
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Pronto Pizza Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review