Pronto Pita Pizzas Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (8 ounces) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 pita breads, warmed
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a skillet, brown the turkey; drain. Add mushrooms, onion and garlic; cook until tender. Stir in tomato sauce, fennel seed and oregano. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
- 2. Spread 1 cup of meat mixture on each pita; sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 358 calories, 5g fat (0g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 187mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 38g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 starch, 4 lean meat, 2 vegetable
Reviews for Pronto Pita Pizzas
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.