Pronto Pinwheels Recipe
Serve this pretty dish with a crisp lettuce salad and top it off with fresh fruit or a lemony dessert, and you have a complete meal your family will love! Eileen Owen, Johnstown, Colorado
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 5 ounces condensed vegetable beef soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 tubes (7-1/2 ounces each) refrigerated biscuits
- 16 thin tomato slices
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; set aside. Roll biscuits into an 18-in. x 9-in. rectangle and top with meat mixture. Roll rectangle, jelly-roll style, starting from wide end. Seal seams. Cut into 1-in. slices.
- Place slices in two greased 9-in. pie plates. Cover with foil and bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer. Remove from oven; top each pinwheel with a tomato slice, olives, green pepper and cheese. Return to oven for a few minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Pronto Pinwheels in Country Ground Beef 1993, p87
Reviews for Pronto Pinwheels(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review