“I saw a chef make paella on TV and decided to create a version that can be made after work. Everyone raves about it and is amazed it comes together so fast! I often prepare the pilaf with reduced-sodium chicken broth instead of water.”
Peter Halferty - Corpus Christi, TX
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (6.09 ounces) rice pilaf
- 1-1/2 cups ready-to-use grilled chicken breast strips
- 1 medium sweet onion, cut into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen baby peas, thawed
- 1/2 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Microwave rice pilaf according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a
- large skillet, saute the chicken, onion, garlic and Cajun seasoning
- in butter until onion is tender. Stir in the corn, peas, shrimp and
- prepared pilaf; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 508 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 148 mg cholesterol, 1,884 mg sodium, 61 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.