“I saw a chef make paella on TV and decided to create a version that can be made after work. Everyone raves about it and is amazed it comes together so fast! I often prepare the pilaf with reduced-sodium chicken broth instead of water.” Peter Halferty - Corpus Christi, TX
- 1 package (6.09 ounces) rice pilaf
- 1-1/2 cups ready-to-use grilled chicken breast strips
- 1 medium sweet onion, cut into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen baby peas, thawed
- 1/2 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Microwave rice pilaf according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the chicken, onion, garlic and Cajun seasoning in butter until onion is tender. Stir in the corn, peas, shrimp and prepared pilaf; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pronto Paella in Simple & Delicious January/February 2010, p26
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pronto Paella
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review