Pronto Paella Recipe
- 1 package (6.09 ounces) rice pilaf
- 1-1/2 cups ready-to-use grilled chicken breast strips
- 1 medium sweet onion, cut into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen baby peas, thawed
- 1/2 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Microwave rice pilaf according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the chicken, onion, garlic and Cajun seasoning in butter until onion is tender. Stir in the corn, peas, shrimp and prepared pilaf; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pronto Paella
Sort By :
I LOVE this recipe!! I've made it lots of times. It's quick, easy and tasty! You can adjust the spice amount to whatever you prefer. I substitute 2 packages of pre-cooked rice pilaf to save even more time and I also put in a little extra shrimp since my store has it in 12 oz. bags. Delicious!!
I've made this twice: once exactly as stated and a second time with a few changes. The changes I made were to add saffron, more Cajun seasoning, and make it with chicken and sausage instead of shrimp. I found that, even with the revisions, I still don't care for it. I wasn't expecting authentic Paella, obviously, but it's just a little too bland for us.
We all love this recipe. It has become a staple recipe at our house. I leave out the Cajun Seasoning until the very end and then I divide the dish in half and add the Cajun Seasoning to one half. That way those of us who don't like a lot of spice can still enjoy a wonderful flavorful meal and my two men get their spice fix for the night too. I also double the recipe because everyone always asks for seconds and sometimes even thirds.
Tried this tonight. It was easy to put together. It had good flavor. I used Southwest corn which includes black beans, instead of the mexi-corn. We'll have this again.
This recipe was easy to make and tasted great. Glad I have leftovers for lunch tomorrow! I will definitely make this again.