- 1 pound ground turkey or beef or turkey
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 pita breads
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a skillet, cook the meat, mushroom, green pepper, onion and garlic until the meat is browned and the vegetables are tender; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, fennel, salt and oregano. Simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, warm pitas in microwave. Top each with meat mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Microwave or broil until cheese is melted. Cut into quarters. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pronto Mini Pizzas in Taste of Home October/November 1996, p64
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Pronto Mini Pizzas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review