Pronto Mini Pizzas Recipe
"These quick savory pizzas on pita bread crusts are an excellent snack anytime," informs Debbi Smith of Crossett, Arkansas. "I also serve them as a light meal on busy days."
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 pita breads
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a skillet, cook the meat, mushroom, green pepper, onion and garlic until the meat is browned and the vegetables are tender; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, fennel, salt and oregano. Simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, warm pitas in microwave. Top each with meat mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Microwave or broil until cheese is melted. Cut into quarters. Yield: 4 servings.
4 piece: 456 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 1059mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 33g protein
Reviews for Pronto Mini Pizzas
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC