Pronto Mini Pizzas Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef or turkey
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 pita breads
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a skillet, cook the meat, mushroom, green pepper, onion and garlic until the meat is browned and the vegetables are tender; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, fennel, salt and oregano. Simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, warm pitas in microwave. Top each with meat mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Microwave or broil until cheese is melted. Cut into quarters. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (4 pieces) equals 456 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 1,059 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.