Pronto Chili Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste plus 2 cans water
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 to 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a saucepan, brown beef and onion. Drain fat. Stir in all remaining ingredients except cheese; cover and simmer 20 minutes. Top each serving with cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 338 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 894mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 9g fiber), 29g protein.
Reviews for Pronto Chili
"this was ok kind of sweet"
"I used one T of the brown sugar and it was wonderful and so easy to make. My husband has never liked chili and he tried it and liked it.(the ultimate test!) I agree that 2 T might be too sweet. Thanks for the recipe and recommendation of 1 T. of the sugar."