Pronto Chili Recipe
This chili may be simple, but the flavor is outstanding. One of the best things about preparing chili is that you can adjust it to suit your family's tastes. I sometimes substitute ground turkey for the beef.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste plus 2 cans water
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 to 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a saucepan, brown beef and onion. Drain fat. Stir in all remaining ingredients except cheese; cover and simmer 20 minutes. Top each serving with cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 338 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 894 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 29 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC