- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste plus 2 cans water
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 to 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- In a saucepan, brown beef and onion. Drain fat. Stir in all remaining ingredients except cheese; cover and simmer 20 minutes. Top each serving with cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Pronto Chili
"this was ok kind of sweet"
"I used one T of the brown sugar and it was wonderful and so easy to make. My husband has never liked chili and he tried it and liked it.(the ultimate test!) I agree that 2 T might be too sweet. Thanks for the recipe and recommendation of 1 T. of the sugar."