- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste plus 2 cans water
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 to 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- In a saucepan, brown beef and onion. Drain fat. Stir in all remaining ingredients except cheese; cover and simmer 20 minutes. Top each serving with cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Pronto Chili
Sort By :
this was ok kind of sweet
I used one T of the brown sugar and it was wonderful and so easy to make. My husband has never liked chili and he tried it and liked it.(the ultimate test!) I agree that 2 T might be too sweet. Thanks for the recipe and recommendation of 1 T. of the sugar.
I can't STAND canned chili, so this was great to make REALLY QUICK with the ingredients I had on hand -which also included a bell pepper.
I recommend starting with just 1 Tablespoon brown sugar 'cause my chili really was too sweet. Note: generic brown sugar is very weak in flavor, whereas name brand (C&H) is incredibly sweet and flavorful.
Served with a dollop of sour cream and some Frito's chips. YUMMMY!
More Recipe Collections
- Country Woman Chili Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Ground Beef Chili Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Mexican Chili >
- Mexican Chilies >