VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste plus 2 cans water
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 to 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- In a saucepan, brown beef and onion. Drain fat. Stir in all remaining ingredients except cheese; cover and simmer 20 minutes. Top each serving with cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pronto Chili in Country Woman January/February 1991, p37
Reviews forPronto Chili
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 21, 2011
"this was ok kind of sweet"
Reviewed Sep. 1, 2010
chili really was too sweet. Note: generic brown sugar is very weak in flavor, whereas name brand (C&H) is incredibly sweet and flavorful.Served with a dollop of sour cream and some Frito's chips. YUMMMY!"