Pronto Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- 1 package (14 ounces) frozen pepper strips, thawed
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) ready-to-use Southwestern chicken strips
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Optional toppings: shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, guacamole and salsa
- 1. In a large skillet, saute pepper strips and onion in oil until tender. Add the chicken strips, cilantro, salt, garlic powder and pepper; heat through.
- 2. Spoon onto tortillas; fold in sides. Serve with toppings of your choice. Yield: 5 servings.
1 each: 297 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 819mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein.
Reviews for Pronto Chicken Fajitas
"Very quick and tasty. Makes great left-overs."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.