Pronto Chicken Fajitas
"My family loves Mexican food, and this is a quick way to enjoy it. It doesn’t require a lot of prep and only uses one pan, so you have plenty of time to relax." Get creative with these versatile fajitas. Try using last night’s leftover veggies or chicken for a brand-new meal. —Robin Poust, Stevensville, Maryland
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (14 ounces) frozen pepper strips, thawed
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) ready-to-use Southwestern chicken strips
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Optional toppings: shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, guacamole and salsa
- In a large skillet, saute pepper strips and onion in oil until
- tender. Add the chicken strips, cilantro, salt, garlic powder and
- pepper; heat through.
- Spoon onto tortillas; fold in sides. Serve with toppings of your
- choice. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 fajita (calculated without optional toppings) equals 297 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 819 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 21 g protein.