Pronto Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- 1 package (14 ounces) frozen pepper strips, thawed
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) ready-to-use Southwestern chicken strips
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Optional toppings: shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, guacamole and salsa
- 1. In a large skillet, saute pepper strips and onion in oil until tender. Add the chicken strips, cilantro, salt, garlic powder and pepper; heat through.
- 2. Spoon onto tortillas; fold in sides. Serve with toppings of your choice. Yield: 5 servings.
1 fajita (calculated without optional toppings) equals 297 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 819 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Reviews for Pronto Chicken Fajitas
"Very quick and tasty. Makes great left-overs."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.