Pronto Chicken Fajitas Recipe
"My family loves Mexican food, and this is a quick way to enjoy it. It doesn’t require a lot of prep and only uses one pan, so you have plenty of time to relax." Get creative with these versatile fajitas. Try using last night’s leftover veggies or chicken for a brand-new meal. —Robin Poust, Stevensville, Maryland
- 1 package (14 ounces) frozen pepper strips, thawed
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) ready-to-use Southwestern chicken strips
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Optional toppings: shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, guacamole and salsa
- In a large skillet, saute pepper strips and onion in oil until tender. Add the chicken strips, cilantro, salt, garlic powder and pepper; heat through.
- Spoon onto tortillas; fold in sides. Serve with toppings of your choice. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Pronto Chicken Fajitas in Simple & Delicious October/November 2010, p31
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Pronto Chicken Fajitas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 17, 2013
"Very quick and tasty. Makes great left-overs."