Pronto Beef and Rice Recipe
"This is a simple yet satisfying meal, especially when served with a salad and pinto beans," writes Steve Nieswiadomy from Fort Worth, Texas. "it's also a great make-ahead filling for stuffed peppers or cabbage rolls," he adds.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 364 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 479mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein
Reviews for Pronto Beef and Rice
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC