Pronto Beef and Rice
"This is a simple yet satisfying meal, especially when served with a salad and pinto beans," writes Steve Nieswiadomy from Fort Worth, Texas. "it's also a great make-ahead filling for stuffed peppers or cabbage rolls," he adds.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 364 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 479 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein.