"This is a simple yet satisfying meal, especially when served with a salad and pinto beans," writes Steve Nieswiadomy from Fort Worth, Texas. "it's also a great make-ahead filling for stuffed peppers or cabbage rolls," he adds.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pronto Beef and Rice in Quick Cooking March/April 2005, p41
Reviews for Pronto Beef and Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review