Pronto Beef Vegetable Soup
You will bowl over family, friends with speedy soupit's done beef-ore you know it!Dottie Casale, Ilion, New York
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 3 cups leftover cubed cooked roast beef
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced peeled potatoes
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup cut green beans
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 quart tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce
- heat and simmer 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. If
- necessary, add 1/2 to 1 cup water to thin soup. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 186 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 748 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.