- dissolved. Continue beating until soft glossy peaks form. Fold a
- fourth of the egg whites into batter, then fold in remaining whites.
- Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Cool 5 minutes. Invert onto a kitchen towel dusted with
- confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake in
- the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool
- completely on a wire rack. Unroll cake; spread evenly with jelly.
- Roll up; dust with confectioners' sugar.
- Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 312 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 128 mg cholesterol, 177 mg sodium, 66 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.