- Prepare filling by stirring together the sugar, cornstarch, nutmeg,
- cinnamon and salt; mix with apples and water. Turn into pastry-lined
- pan; dot with butter. Cover with top crust; seal and flute. Slit
- steam vents in top crust. Cover edge with aluminum foil to prevent
- Bake at 425° for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake 15 minutes
- longer. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 453 calories, 21 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 372 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.