- 1 package (3 ounces) orange gelatin
- 3 cups boiling water, divided
- 2 cups cold water, divided
- 1 package (3 ounces) cherry gelatin
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 cup DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- In a small bowl, dissolve orange gelatin in 1 cup boiling water; stir in 1/2 cup cold water. Pour into an ice cube tray coated with cooking spray. Repeat with cherry and lime gelatins, using two more ice cube trays. Refrigerate until firm, about 1-1/2 hours.
- In a small saucepan, combine pineapple juice and 1/4 cup sugar. Sprinkle with unflavored gelatin; let stand for 1 minute. Cook and stir just until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon gelatin until dissolved. Stir in remaining cold water. Transfer to a large bowl; refrigerate for 30-40 minutes or until syrupy.
- Combine cracker crumbs with remaining sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and 2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- Remove gelatin cubes from ice cube trays. In a large bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into lemon gelatin mixture. Fold in gelatin cubes. Spoon over crust. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Prism Cake
"I've seen this recipe is cookbooks for years. It is so pretty and you can use whatever gelatin colors you like for different occasions."
"I love this recipe. Great for anytime of the year, but perfect for Christmas. Light, and fluffy, rich in flavor. I've loved it since 1959."