Prince and Princess Ice Cream Cones Recipe
Here's a treat befitting a sweet princess! Especially for her daughter's birthday party, Patricia Hill came up with the royal ice cream concoction. "Allison doesn't particularly like cake—but she's a big fan of ice cream," Patricia relates. "So these cone characters were a natural. "Of course, the day of her party last summer was one of the hottest on record. I was sure the ice cream would melt. But the kids devoured the cones before it could!"—Patricia Blomdahl Hill, Oakdale, California
- 2 medium scoops vanilla ice cream
- 4 blue M&M's miniature baking bits
- 1/4 cup vanilla frosting
- Blue, pink and green food coloring
- 1 ice cream cake cone
- 1 ice cream sugar cone
- Silver sugar pearls
- Air Head candies, cut into thin strips
- 2 drops yellow food coloring
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- Yellow and green shoestring licorice
- 2 miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 heart shaped sprinkles
- Place ice cream scoops and M&M's on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet and freeze until ready to use.
- Combine frosting and food coloring(s) of your choice. To form the price's crown, cut off the top ring of the cake cone, discard the bottom of the cone; set aside. Decorate both cones with icing and silver sugar pearls. Wraps strips of air head candies around a skewer to form ribbons on the princess' sugar cone. Secure with frosting.
- For hair, combine yellow food coloring and coconut. For princess' hair, braid yellow licorice strips into a single long braid. Tie off both ends with green licorice.
- Remove ice cream from freezer and place each scoop on a serving dish. On one scoop, add coconut hair and place prince's crown on top. On the other scoop, add coconut hair and princess' crown. Lay yellow braid just in front of the crown to form braids.
- Gently press frozen M&M's on for eyes. Add a chocolate chip nose and heart shape sprinkle for mouth. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Prince and Princess Ice Cream Cones in Country Woman March/April 1997, pis
Reviews for Prince and Princess Ice Cream Cones
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 27, 2014
it looks good. very cute.
Reviewed Jun. 24, 2013
Such a cute idea! I couldn't find yellow licorice, so I just used red. This is a great craft for kids & is so much fun for them to eat!