- 1 bone-in beef rib roast (6 to 8 pounds)
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- HORSERADISH CREAM:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Place roast fat side up in a shallow roasting pan. Cut slits into roast; insert garlic slices. Sprinkle with pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 325°; bake 2-3/4 to 3-1/4 hours longer or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Fold in the horseradish, vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove roast to a serving platter and keep warm; let stand for 15 minutes. Serve with cream. Yield: 12 servings (1-1/2 cups cream).
Originally published as Prime Rib with Horseradish Cream in Simple & Delicious November/December 2009, p49
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Prime Rib with Horseradish Cream
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 8, 2011
"I didn't use this for the roast, but the sauce & everyone loved it!"