Prime Rib with Horseradish Cream Recipe
“This recipe makes wonderful, special dinners.” How true! Mouths will water over this juicy prime rib. Margaret Ann Dady - Grand Island, NE
- 1 bone-in beef rib roast (6 to 8 pounds)
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- HORSERADISH CREAM:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Place roast fat side up in a shallow roasting pan. Cut slits into roast; insert garlic slices. Sprinkle with pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 325°; bake 2-3/4 to 3-1/4 hours longer or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Fold in the horseradish, vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove roast to a serving platter and keep warm; let stand for 15 minutes. Serve with cream. Yield: 12 servings (1-1/2 cups cream).
Originally published as Prime Rib with Horseradish Cream in Simple & Delicious November/December 2009, p49
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Prime Rib with Horseradish Cream(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 8, 2011
I didn't use this for the roast, but the sauce & everyone loved it!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Main Dish Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Sodium Dinner Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- New Year's Dinner Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >