- 1/3 cup each chopped onion, carrot and celery
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 bone-in beef rib roast (6 to 8 pounds)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- Combine onion, carrot and celery; place in a greased roasting pan. Combine salt, pepper and garlic powder; rub over the roast. Place fat side up over vegetables. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (medium-rare, 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand 10-15 minutes before carving. Skim fat from pan drippings; add beef broth, stirring to remove browned bits. Strain, discarding vegetables. Serve au jus with the roast. Yield: 8-10 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Prime Rib of Beef
Sort By :
i love prime rib, and i think this recipe is perfect! its easy, and worded very confidentally. thank you very much.
Have made for Christmas dinners the past couple of years and just ordered my roast for this years Christmas. (I used a boneless rolled instead). The au jus is flavored wonderfully. Thanks for a great recipe.