- 10 medium carrots, divided
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons browning sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 4 teaspoons seasoned pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 beef ribeye roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 8 medium potatoes, cut into chunks
- Finely chop two carrots; place in a greased roasting pan. Add the celery, onion and green pepper. Combine the water, 1 tablespoon browning sauce, garlic powder, 3 teaspoons seasoned pepper, celery salt and Worcestershire sauce; pour over vegetables.
- Combine the remaining browning sauce and seasoned pepper; brush over roast. Place fat side up over vegetables. Cut remaining carrots into chunks; place carrots and potatoes around roast.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting every 30 minutes. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before carving.
- Remove potatoes and carrots; keep warm. Skim fat from pan drippings; strain, discarding chopped vegetables. Serve roast and vegetables with au jus. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Prime Rib Dinner in Taste of Home December/January 2008, p17
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Prime Rib Dinner
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review