Prime Rib and Potatoes
I've discovered a variety of small roasts that work well for two, without creating leftovers for the rest of the week. This prime rib is perfect for a holiday meal when company isn't coming. The portion for each is generous, and the flavor is unsurpassed.
-Richard Fairchild, Tustin, California
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-3/4 hours + standing
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 bone-in beef rib roast (about 3 pounds and 2 ribs)
- 2 large baking potatoes
- Combine the oil and garlic; rub evenly over roast. Place roast, fat
- side up, in a small roasting pan. Place a potato on each side of
- roast. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2 to 2-1/2 hours until meat
- reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should
- read 145°; medium, 160°; well done, 170°). Let stand for
- 10 minutes before carving. Yield: 2 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.