Primavera Fish Fillets Recipe
In Washington Court House, Ohio, Clara Coulston cooks tender fish and vegetables in a flavorful sauce that's easy to make with cream of mushroom soup. "Since we're watching what we eat, I usually buy the healthy version of the soup," she notes.
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 large carrot, cut into 2-inch julienne strips
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 pound cod or haddock
- In a large skillet, combine the first six ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in soup until blended; bring to a boil. Add fillets.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Primavera Fish Fillets in Quick Cooking March/April 2004, p55
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Primavera Fish Fillets(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >