Primavera Fish Fillets Recipe
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 large carrot, cut into 2-inch julienne strips
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 pound cod or haddock
- 1. In a large skillet, combine the first six ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in soup until blended; bring to a boil. Add fillets.
- 2. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (prepared with reduced-fat reduced sodium soup) equals 151 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 415 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.